Welcome to our first K2PTh Class Blog and welcome to a new year in Kindergarten 2! We’ve had a brilliant start to the year and the children have been absolutely fantastic. Ms. Rose and I look forward to having exciting learning adventures in the year ahead!
In K2PTh, our children have been busy getting to know one other and gradually becoming more aware of themselves in relation to each other in the group. They have been engaged in Collaborative play, Circle Time, Morning Meetings and discussions to help them feel a sense of community in K2PTh and over time, appreciate each others strengths and qualities and be more self-aware.
We have played a number of games such as ‘Building the tallest tower,’ ‘Keeping the balloon in the air,’ ‘Number Hunt’ (we hid number cards all over the K2Pod and played a relay race to look for all the numbers before lining them up collaboratively, in the correct order). All these games have involved skills in listening, persevering, being creative and communicating effectively to name but a few!
These games then led to our class forming our own K2PTh “Essential Agreements.” “Essential Agreements” are important promises we make to each other to make sure everyone of us feels safe and valuable. Perhaps you could display one in your home or even make one for yourself!
We have also had opportunities to buddy up with G3JmS and the children read stories with them this morning.
Have a great weekend and signing off with a few quotes from our children...
“I like playing in class with my new and old friends from K1.”
“I like to learn new things in K2PTh.”
“I love to play blocks with my friends.”
“I like doing the Kissing Hand.”
“I like being in K2PTh because I like to learn.”
“I had fun doing my self portraits.”
“I like listening to stories.”
- Ms Rose and Mrs Thapar
No comments:
Post a Comment