Friday, 6 December 2013

Week 16

UN Day
UN Day was a resounding success! The children, you will agree, were absolutely amazing. They persevered during rehearsals, and performed to the best of their abilities. The proudest moment for them was to perform in front of you and know that you were there to support them. The children looked gorgeous in their costumes! Thank you for taking so much time and effort to dress them up. It was so thoughtful of you. In class, we talked about the importance of UN Day with an emphasis on acknowledging that there are people in the world with more similarities than differences and that we all have common needs. This also inspired us to have a very interesting discussion on peoples’ needs, wants, goals and ambitions.The Food Festival was impressive, to put it mildly (or spicily, depending on the stall!). Such an interesting array of food from so many different countries. Most of our students enjoyed the food festival part of the day, the most! Who would have guessed! It goes without saying that all these events are not possible without the support of our UWCSEA community of parents and staff members. Thank you to each and everyone for making this possible!


Here are some student reflections from the day:

Zaki - I liked the food festival because there was lots of food.
Jia - I liked the food festival the most.
Lekha - The highlight of my UN Day was when I sang “We’ll make a brighter day tomorrow...” and the food festival, because I got pudding and seaweed.
Oliver - The best part of UN Day was the food festival because they had yummy food and I got a bracelet.
Aarya - I like the food festival because I like the food they had. It was so yummy!
Sarah - I liked performing at the show and the food festival. I felt happy when I saw mummy and daddy in the audience.
Natasha - The food festival was the best because there was so much food to eat.
Ethan - Performing in the show was fun and I felt happy that mummy and daddy were watching me. I loved the food at the food festival.
Joaquin - I liked performing the peacock dance because I like the moves.
Srishti - My favourite part of UN Day was when we did the finale. I like the meaning of the song.
Derya - I liked the food festival because I liked the food. I liked performing at the show.
Karthik - I liked singing and the food shopping.
Ananya - The best part of UN Day was when I performed at the show. I liked the performance of the other students too.
Laila - The best part of UN Day was the food festival. I went around with Sarah looking for yummy food.
Cora - The food festival was the best part because I got to try food from all the countries.
Samuel - The best part of UN Day was performing for my dad.
Caden - I liked performing at the UN Day show because I was happy mummy and daddy were watching me.
Asher - The best part of UN Day was when I watched the Grade Two’s perform on the Gamelan.
Gautam - The best part of the UN Day was when I performed the “Keep it Clean” song. I like it when we are singing and the audience is looking at us.
Aamev - I liked the food festival because I enjoyed all the food!

Lastly, we will not be sending reading books home next week. Please return all Just Right books to school so that we can take stock and organise everything ready for Term 2.

P.S. Do not forget that next Friday is the last day of Term 1 and school finishes at 11.00am for the Infants.

Have a great weekend!

Poonam and Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment